With the goal of providing one of the best, if not the best, logistics and warehousing service to its consumers, many companies have, for so long, striving and giving their best when it comes to perfection and innovation.
However, as customers, how can one choose the best logistics and warehousing service provider? Here are some tips.
1. Specialization. Determine first your problems, needs, and other factors. What services do you need in the first place? What specific feature of a service provider are you looking for? It is best that you have a checklist of all specific services that you need from a logistics and warehousing service provider. From that master list, you can then narrow it down to only a few.
2. Efficiency and reliability. Next is to check their websites and see if they have added information that might shed light on your quest – finding the best. Are these companies really good in managing and providing the kind of service that you need? Are they efficient and reliable?Do they have a firm management system and reliable inventory?Are their prices reasonable? What do other people think? Check the feedback. There might be comments from past customers that will help you decide and choose the best from your narrowed-down list.
3. Deciding edge. What do they offer that others don’t? What perks do you wish to receive? Note that every company has its own set of core competencies. Choose the one with the most benefits.
4. Technology, equipment, and system. Third is to check out their equipment, technology and tracking system used. They should have, at least, the latest equipment to deliver the services that they are offering and the tracking system to provide you with a tool to check on your items anytime. How do they handle problems? Does the company have insurance? What happens if your stocks get damaged or lost?
5. Flexibility. Is the company flexible? Are they willing to bend a little and adjust to your needs? Some companies are willing to go an extra mile to offer you something they don’t usually offer. If they are willing to do this, then maybe they are worth a shot.
Another important thing to consider is the location and network of these logistics and warehousing service providers. Where do you want your items to be stored? Is it near your headquarters or place where you will be using these items? Does this company have a network that you can contact in case of future needs? A service provider with a list of networks might come handy for you in the future.
The best thing you can do before you finally make your decision is to have a talk with each of the companies’ head. Ask them everything you want and need to know. If you have doubts, say it. If you read something about them – negative or positive, confirm it. Ask for explanations if you need some. Discuss your needs and their offers.
Remember that choosing a logistics and warehousing service provider can cost you a huge amount of money. You don’t want to put that money to waste.